I was never a big fan of apple pie until I tried this version. It is a bit different because it has whipping cream, egg and flour on the inside and is topped with a crumble topping. It is delicious! This is how you make it....
9 inch deep dish pie crust
Whipping Cream (8 oz)
2 cups of chopped apples (you can substitute other fruit into the recipe)
Butter (1 Stick)
Here is how you make this masterpiece:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine Dry Ingredients: 3 Tablespoons Flour, 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar, a dash of salt.
3. Combine Wet Ingredients: 1 well beaten egg, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 2 cups apples, 1 tsp vanilla, 8 oz. whipping cream.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Melt 1/2 cup of butter and mix in 1 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Crumble this mixture on top of the pie. I sometimes add a little extra flour if it is not crumbling well.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. I sit a piece of alum. foil on top of the pie to keep the crumble goodness from burning. I also always place the pie on a baking sheet because it the inside sometimes will bubble over the edges while it bakes.
7. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and remove alum. foil. Bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Allow the pie to cool and serve it up with some ice cream!!!
Here are some pics of the pie as I made it recently. This time I combined the wet and dry ingredients in my Kitchen Aid mixer and blended them on a high speed. It make the whipping cream extra fluffy and when I baked it the inside bubbled out onto the pan like never before. It didn't effect the taste of the pie but the crumble topping isn't as pretty as it usually looks. The yum part was eating the part that spilled out onto the pan. It was like a moist sugar cookie! Any way you make this pie it always comes out delicious.